Jonathan B. Nelson, Esq.
Partner & Department Chair
– Read His Bio
The Litigation Department at Dorf & Nelson LLP
Based upon our attorneys’ countless hours of pre-trial and courtroom experience, our areas of service have proven invaluable for the many companies and individuals we have served over the years. Our services include:
- Quantifying and evaluating the risks, costs, and benefits of commencing or vigorously defending litigation.
- Exploring alternatives to litigation, when appropriate.
- Representing clients in Federal and State courts, before administrative agencies, and in arbitration and mediation proceedings.
- Clearly and concisely communicating with clients regarding the status of their litigation.
- Representing clients in actions and proceedings spanning diverse subject matters, including: breach of contract; insurance defense; employment matters; service and construction contracts; real estate disputes; trademark, trade dress, copyright infringement, unfair competition and licensing issues; breach of warranty; fraud and negligence.
Our litigation team represents clients facing a vast spectrum of corporate and commercial disputes in today’s complicated world of national and international commerce. We represent business clients in all manner of actions. These include: contract, insurance defense, Uniform Commercial Code issues, business torts, fraud, antitrust claims, corporate and shareholder disputes, confidentiality and non-competition disputes, and collection actions and enforcement of judgments.
Of equal importance is to counsel clients when to avoid litigation. To that end, we review and analyze the merits of every case to recommend when a matter should be tired in court and when it should be settled out of court.