Scott D. Locke is the Chair of Dorf & Nelson’s Intellectual Property Department and oversees the Life Sciences practice area. Mr. Locke counsels clients on the procurement, enforcement and licensing of patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets, and he provides solo inventors, start-up businesses and well-established companies in diverse industries with strategies and tools for maximizing the return on their investment in their ingenuity, creativity and goodwill.
– Drafting, filing and prosecuting hundreds of patent applications
– Registering of trademark and copyright rights
– Litigating patent, trademark and copyright cases
– Performing due diligence regarding intellectual property assets for potential acquisition
– Drafting and negotiating intellectual property licenses
– Counseling clients on data privacy and database protection
– Developing trade secrets protection policies