Our Corporate attorneys offer counsel with respect to mergers and acquisitions, private securities offerings, venture capital investments, joint ventures and strategic alliances and corporate finance transactions, including premium finance, life settlement and related capital markets and securitization transactions.
Teamwork is a hallmark at Dorf & Nelson. Attorneys work across practice areas to deliver optimum service to our clients and to facilitate complex business dealings. And especially crucial to the successful consummation of transactions such as mergers and acquisitions is our tradition of creating strong partnerships, not only with our clients, but with investment bankers, accountants and other advisers involved in the process. Whether our client’s business is small or large, a start-up company or established corporation, we take the time to get to know our clients and understand their goals, as well as the industry in which their business functions. The personal relationship we form with our clients and the detailed, working knowledge we gain about their business, enable us to formulate winning strategies and deliver results that meet and often exceed their expectations.
– Selection of the best form of legal entity and organizational structure for your business.
– Formation and registration of the appropriate forms of business entities, including “S” and “C” corporations, limited liability partnerships and limited liability companies.
– Preparation and negotiation of shareholder agreements, limited liability company operating agreements, buy-sell agreements and other business succession agreements.
– Negotiation for and representation of buyers and sellers of businesses.
– Counsel for clients and representation in connection with the preparation and negotiation of general business agreements and contracts, including employment, sales, confidentiality and non-compete agreements.
– Representation of businesses in connection with real estate and lease negotiations and transactions.
– Advice for clients and representation in connection with corporate dissolutions and winding down businesses.
– General counsel for all business and corporate matters, focusing on litigation avoidance strategies to minimize risk and cost to client.