Dorf & Nelson is committed to assisting its clients in the protection, licensing and enforcement of patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets.
Scott D. Locke, Esq.
By counseling clients on the protection, licensing and enforcement of patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets, Dorf & Nelson facilitates the growth of their businesses. Our goal is to enable our clients to use their intellectual property rights to add value and to give them a competitive edge in the marketplace.
Few industries exist in a vacuum, and the value of intellectual property rights will change over time and be relative to the rights of others. Accordingly, we also assist our clients in periodically reviewing the value of their intellectual property portfolios and determining when to be concerned with the intellectual property rights of others and what to do about those rights.
Our experience in counseling clients with respect to their intellectual property rights spans diverse industries, including bioinformatics, pharmaceuticals, RNA synthesis, DNA synthesis, RNA interference, SNP technologies, genetics, fuel cells, automobile catalysts, eco-friendly technologies, the coatings and pigments industry, the luxury goods industry, the cosmetics industry, the medical device industry, virtual environments, charitable institutions, body sensors, and the information technology industry, including internet-based technologies.
Our services include:
• Determining trademark availability and evaluating patentability.
• Preparing and prosecuting patent applications.
• Preparing and prosecuting trademark applications.
• Registering copyrights.
• Litigating patent, trademark and copyright infringement actions.
• Monitoring and maintaining a portfolio patent and trademarks.
• Conducting company-wide audits and due diligence investigations.
• Negotiating and drafting license agreements and assignments.
• Conducting freedom to operating analyses.
• Providing patent landscape analysis.
• Drafting and reviewing confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
• Administering international intellectual property programs.
• Reviewing trade secrets issues.
• Advising clients on Internet-related issues.
• Services for investment bankers, hedge fund managers and private equity firms.