Recent advances in the Life Sciences industry have opened the door for inventors to accelerate the rate at which they can find new therapeutic molecules; develop new methods of treatment; create new systems for delivery; construct new devices for analytics; and analyze the genome in ways that will allow both the personalization of medicine and increase the ease with which gene therapy is brought to market. With these technological advancements comes the opportunity for economic rewards.
Representative experience possessed by the attorneys at Dorf & Nelson includes:
• Development of patent portfolio strategies for biotechnology companies, including those directed to siRNA and SNPs.
• Conducting due diligence on patent portfolios that focuses on molecular delivery systems.
• Litigation of patents directed to pharmaceuticals, genotyping, nucleotide synthesis and medical devices.
• Counseling medical device companies on issues pertaining to potential allegations of infringement.
• Prosecution of hundreds of patents directed to bioinformatics, RNAi, nucleotide sequences, oligonucleotide synthesis, therapeutic molecules and medical devices.
• Lectures given on the application of intellectual property laws to biotechnology companies.
• Assisting antitrust counsel on issues involving disputes over reverse payments to generic pharmaceutical companies.